fire

Windhoek fire and flood victims struggle to recover

by editor1 / May 19, 2018 / 0 comments

Windhoek residents whose shacks were washed away by the floods and others destroyed by fire are finding it difficult to rebuild their lives.

Nine shacks burn to ashes in 2 days at Kuisebmond

by editor1 / May 16, 2018 / 0 comments

Fire incidents continue to devastate the lives of residents in Walvis Bay's Tutaleni Informal Settlement and Kuisebmond residential area.

Family of three remains without shelter after their shack burned down

by editor1 / May 11, 2018 / 0 comments

A family of three remains without a shelter after their shack burned down last week in Windhoek's Goreangab residential area. The owner, Loide Amakali suspects arson.

Suspect arrested in Swakopmund after woman dies in shack blaze

by editor1 / May 08, 2018 / 0 comments

A 39-year-old man was arrested at around 03h00 on Monday in Swakopmund’s Democratic Resettlement Community (DRC) for allegedly burning down his ex-girlfriend's shack, in which one of the six occupants, 28-year-old Elrizza Byl, burned to death.

Iileni resident loses all belongings in a fire

by editor1 / Apr 03, 2018 / 0 comments

-A resident of Iileni informal settlement in Keetmanshoop, lost all her belongings Tuesday, after a fire broke out at her shack in the early morning hours.

Walvis Bay resident sets himself on fire

by editor1 / Feb 13, 2018 / 0 comments

-A Walvis Bay resident allegedly set himself on fire due to financial problems.

Keetmanshoop fire department commended for prompt fire rescue

by editor1 / Jan 30, 2018 / 0 comments

-The Keetmanshoop fire department has been commended for having responded fast in extinguishing a fire which damaged fuel tanks at the site of Taapele Construction company.

House burns down in Zambezi

by editor1 / Jan 13, 2018 / 0 comments

-A three bedroom house caught fire and burnt down Saturday afternoon at Katima Mulilo, in the Zambezi Region.

Kitchen fire forces mothers to vacate maternity ward

by editor1 / Jan 06, 2018 / 0 comments

The kitchen at the Windhoek Central Hospital maternity ward caught fire on Friday evening. It is suspected that one of the staff members might have left the stove on.

Electrical fire destroys Dolam cuca shop

by editor1 / Jan 02, 2018 / 0 comments

A cuca shop was destroyed in a fire suspected to have been caused by an electrical fault in Windhoek's Katutura residential area on Monday. The cuca shop, attached to a two-bedroom house in Dolam, was completely destroyed.

Pages