NPL exco decides league should start mid September

NPL exco decides league should start mid September

Namibia Premier League Chief Executive Officer Harald Fuller says the NPL Executive meeting that took place over the weekend resolved that the 2019/20 League season will kick off in the second week of September - despite ongoing fights among some members.
Namibia Premier League Chairperson Patrick Kauta announced earlier this year that the NPL will relegate the teams that ended in the last three positions on the table - even if there are no promotions from the first divisions.
Contrary to that, football governing body FIFA instructed the NPL through the Normalization Committee that there should be no relegations and promotions.
“We wrote to the NC to declare a dispute and NC should have responded on the latter by Friday, which they did not. So we are asking the Sport Commission to ask the Minister to put up an appeal Committee” Fuller said.
While Fuller's office is addressing the relegation and promotion issue, there is another letter on his table - composed by six different clubs.
In this letter the concerned Clubs are asking the Premier League bosses who gave them permission to declare a dispute against the FIFA instructions.
“We are not going to answer to that letter, because it is signed by clubs that are not members of the Namibia Premier League” he added.
The Constitution give us the permission to do what we just did the NPL constitution was approved by both the NFA and FIFA
According to Fuller, his office is currently preparing 2019/20 fixtures for only 13 teams - minus the two relegated Civics, Orlando Pirates and the demoted Young African.
The CEO, who has been in office for four months, says he hopes that the Namibia Sports Commission will solve the matter before their planned kick-off date.